Thursday, September 22, 2011

SO GRATEFUL!

I can not express how thankful I am for all the prayers, love and sweet words I have received over my "Real Talk" post.  I feel like my honesty and out cry for the Lord was heard by him and those that love me and him.  He has used you to speak to me many different times, telling me to be patient and keep trusting in him.

I know most of you who reached out to me felt like in some way or another so I wanted to share some of the things that y'all have said to me or shown me...they have helped me so hopefully they will help you!

I LOVE this Blog, it is written by Pastor Stuart...that's all I know except this man is Raw.  I've been following him for a while but am not a daily checker which I should be.  Anyway, this post is amazing, I HIGHLY suggest you read it but here are some of the point that really hit me in the face.
  • "Remember, no matter what you've been through or what you're going through now, God has been good to you." Well hello gratefulness, it's nice to see you again.
  • "When you find yourself distant from God and you can't see him in the near distance, know that HE IS WALKING TOWARDS YOU AND IS WILLING TO WALK ON WATER TO FIND YOU." "Open ya eyes Shelby, open ya eyes"
  • "When you are I are willing to get out of our boats (our comfort zones) and follow Jesus, He will enable us to walk on water (the impossible) too!" How refreshing!
Another thing said to me was, in relating to me feeling in a rut with my faith, "just walk Becca...keep on walking because if we wait for the feeling to come before we get the strength to push through it won't happen...it all starts with the WILL which will give you strength which will fill you back up.

We all know how much I love music and relate everything in my life to it.  Here are 3 songs that I have listened to over and over this past week and it has soothed me drastically. 

This song just makes my heart smile and gives me so much hope.

This title says everything I need to say

This song makes me weep...this version is not my favorite but it's the best I can find, I don't think anyone can do it as well as my home church.

I'll leave you with this quote again! 
"What if instead of seeing aggravations as inconveniences, I saw them as reminders to draw near to God?"
- lysa terkuerst

Happy Thursday friends...I hope it has been wonderful!
Xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment